CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Brother!

Brother's bumblebee smash cake (I made it!)

12 months- and standing tall!


11 months- at Nonni's house playing with the "baby" in the mirror

9 months- Breakfast with sister and santa


8 months- Thanksgiving

7 months- Ahoy matee!

9 months- his sister sabatoged him with toys!

8 months- our little rolly poly, he LOVED that alligator!


7 months- scooting and crawling


6 months- all smiles:)

3 months- his FIRST smile captured on photo!


2 months- tummy time with sissy

Carter Keith Shippey
March 8, 2010
6 pds 9 oz, 19 3/4 inches
1:09 pm
I can't believe it...my BABY BOY is already one. I am both happy and sad (sad because where did the year go...really, where did it go?)


Here are my little man's current stats:

  • 24 pds.
  • 4 teeth (2 on top, two on bottom)
  • has had 2 haircuts, compliments of daddy!
  • can point with his pointer finger at objects he wants
  • favorite toy is a toy drumstick, his sister's music box, and a ball
  • LOVES his sissy and chases her around constantly
  • can say "this", "ball", "dada", and "mama", and "hi"
  • loves to go on walks and to swing outside
  • sleeps about 11 hours per night. Goes to bed around 7 pm and wakes up around 6 am
  • still takes his paci
  • drinks about 3-4 bottles per day, and has transitioned to whole milk
  • LOVES yobaby yogurt and would eat it all day if I let him
  • takes 2 naps. One in the morning for about 45 minutes to an hour, and one in the afternoon for about 2 hours
  • still doesnt like juice
  • likes to flip the pages in a book, but doesnt really have an interest in sitting down to listen to them!
  • can take about 2-4 steps- still no full blown walking yet!
  • Loves bread and pizza crust!
  • still sleeps with his elephant blankie EVERY night
  • wears 18 months shirts and 12 month shorts/ pants
  • loves to drink water from a sippy cup
  • knows how to sign "more" and "please"
  • can wave "hi" and "bye bye"
  • can blow kisses (my favorite)
  • can give "low" fives...still working on the "high" five!
  • grunts VERY loudly if he wants something (mainly food) that another person has
  • his favorite snack food is McDonalds french fries
  • is so intrigued by iphones, computers, and anything technology related
  • loves to play peek a boo
  • can clap, dance, bounce, and squeal:)
  • likes to play patty cake
  • when he gets mad he hits the sides of his head with his hands, or bangs his head on the nearest object...funny, but a little sad at the same time. I cant help but laugh!


I love my boy- he is all boy. Scoots trucks and cars all around, head butts his sister when he wants to play with her, and above all is FEARLESS.

I am so lucky to have you in my life Bruddy (yep, thats what I call him...its a mix between brother and buddy) You and your sister are everything to me. Thank you for loving me, and allowing me to hug and kiss all over you!

1 comments:

the Holyoaks said...

They are both getting so big and are both just adorable! And you've got another one to look forward too! I can't wait to see pictures of the new baby!