CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 4, 2009

A trip we won't forget!

For starters, let me say that I will never forget the trip that my sister-in-law Christina and I took to Rice University! It started as a photo expedition...we took our cameras and were on a mission to "play" with our camera settings, light, different scenery, etc. We loaded up, drove to Rice, parked at the Village, walked 30 minutes to campus (hey, you can't beat free parking even if you do have to walk miles...), and started looking for cool places to take each other's pictures. Christina is incredible. She is a photographer and is way too modest in evaluating her talent. She was so patient with me, teaching me how to manually fix the settings on my camera, helping me with the light, posing for me....I am learning so much because of her unselfish nature. I do not want to become a professional, but I do want to learn how to shoot in manual, and she is helping me learn along the way!
Ok, on with the story. We found a blue wall.... I enhanced the blue on the wall using picnik. I only had to do this a little bit since I was shooting in manual and the colors are so much better and richer in manual.


We found this leaf on the grass. In picnik I tweaked the color and saturation, then I added the 1960's application.

On this one, I applied the infrared application. I love it because it is similar to the black and white application, but with infrared the shadows and darker colors are more deep. I love Christina's freckles...don't you?!

This one was taken on the lawn of Rice University. I applied the Boost application, then ran the Lomo-ish application. To put on a finish, I added a vignette around the edges. I really like the final product!
Towards the end of our afternoon, we met a man on the campus named David Engle. His passion is photography and taking panoramic pictures with his point and shoot camera. He stitched the pictures together using software called Gigapan. He gave us a tour around campus, and then asked if he could "gigapan" me and Christina! It was alot of fun...as you can see we are in the panoramic several times! If you want to see the image of us closer visit here. I never thought I would be famous BUT since David has uploaded our gigapan we have been in the top 40 hits on the site! It was a trip I will never forget!

photo shot by David Engle using Gigapan

0 comments: